Saturday, July 30, 2016

Playing The Pokemon Craze




My youngest son Kade was walking his dog and at the same time looking at his phone. I asked what are you doing and he said, "we have a pokemon at our house". Hmmm, a pokemon at our house. I guess that explains the cars pulling up at our house and sitting in the driveway for a couple of minutes and then driving off. I had thought maybe they were lost. Our street name was changed a couple of years ago.

This  pokemon craze has really taken off. I'm not sure who decides where the pokemons get placed but we were privileged to have one placed at our house. I have seen people at 1 in the morning pulling into our driveway and then leaving after a few minutes. I have seen at least 15 to 20 cars come by in a day. Pokemon must be a fun game to play. I wouldn't know I have never played. Gaming has taken our world by storm. Kade plays these games on his xbox or whatever the latest "box" they play on, with people from other countries. China, Australia, Switzerland and many others. Amazingly the language barrier seems not to be a problem. Most of the kids gaming know English.

As a father who grew up watching the greats of Magic Johnson, Roger Staubach, Larry Bird, Pete Rose and many other star athletes of the 70's and early 80's, my only gaming was to watch these guys on TV and then go out an pretend to be them while playing the game against my buddies. However, kids today can be a superstar athlete like Tom Brady in this incredibly real gaming world of today. I'd have to say it must be great fun to play football on TV and actually feel as you are LeBron James.

I grew up watching Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone kill the bad guys in war movies. I would then get my toy gun and get my buddy and we would "play Army". Sometimes, we would get another neighbor to play the enemy and we would have a true war. Only problem, nobody wanted to be the Germans or the Russians. So usually we had to come up with some other type of us vs you armies. I have watched my son play this game called "Call To Duty". My first words were, "WOW". Its as realistic as it can get. The skill level that you have to have is also amazing. I realize it might be taking time away from outside activities however, there has to be some value to these kids interacting with other kids around the world and having to work together and communicate with each other.. If you take time and watch them it's really something to see. Who knows, maybe kids playing war against each other through a video game worldwide will help bring them together and eliminate war between other countries. May seem a little dreamy but when you watch these kids play these games they don't just play "Call of Duty' they also play video games such as "Minecraft". This is a game that allows you to build cities and countries and people can join your county and visit. Neat stuff.

If you're interested in reading more about Pokemon click HERE

DON'T FORGET, IF YOU WANT HEALTHY ENERGY ALL DAY TAKE YOUR 
GREENS.!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment